Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States
As a Data Engineer at The RealReal you'll drive automation, personalization and data pipeline initiatives. You will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their development, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Director of Data Engineering.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of data products
- Develop reliable, near real time and batch data pipelines that make data easily consumable by end users and other systems
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines
- Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale
- Mentor team members to build the company’s overall expertise
- Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas3 to work every day
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
- Strong knowledge of Python & SQL
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with data streaming such as Apache Kafka, Dataflow, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, or similar tools.
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, AZURE) with strong preference to GCP.
- Experience with BigQuery or similar (Redshift, Snowflake, other MPP databases)
- Experience building data pipelines & ETL
- Experience with command line, version control software (git)
Nice to Have
- E-commerce & Startup experience
- Experience with java & dataflow
- Experience with many other big data technologies at scale
- Experience with ETL tools such as segment
- Experience with BI tools such as looker
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.