Machine Learning Engineering Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
In this role your work will directly impact all areas of the business through the use of computer vision, machine learning and big data tools. You will work closely with multiple data science teams & outside engineering teams in prioritizing experiments as well as designing / implementing the backend tooling around the model. This is a people management role where machine learning engineers will rely on you for mentorship and growth. You will be responsible for managing the performance and career development of your team.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Lead team of 5-10 machine learning engineers to design models and services of the highest quality that meet business objects
- Participate in research and experimentation of machine learning and big data solutions
- Review pull requests and model design to provide constructive feedback
- Hire, Coach, provide technical guidance to, and mentor team members
- Clearly communicate with product management and the larger business about our technical solves in simple, easy to understand language.
- Influence business solutions using machine learning knowledge
- Work with leadership to define the machine learning roadmap.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years’ experience in a data role
- 2+ years of experience managing a development, data engineering or data science teams
- 4+ years’ experience building ML models and putting into production
- Experience working with product management to align on objectives and risks
- Fluency with Python
- High degree of familiarity with: Sklearn, TensorFlow/Keras or similar
- Experiences with deep learning approaches
- Understanding of some big data tools (Kafka, Big Query, Beam, Spark, Lambdas)
- Quantitative Degree
- Experience designing solution in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.