Intern - Machine Learning Database (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
Huawei is the developer of the next generation of database technologies GaussDB/openGauss, which provide native AI capabilities to relational data management systems. Our engineers and architects develop the next-generation data management technologies that empower cloud and telecom businesses across the world.
Now we are looking for an Intern – Machine Learning Database (m/f/d)
To join our international team at the DB4AI Lab which is distributed across Munich and Beijing Research Centers. This team is entrusted with developing novel data management techniques to provide scalable Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automated machine learning (AutoML) techniques for large databases. You will take systematic approaches to create and analyze new AI techniques, understand how to integrate AI solutions in data management environments, dissect how large-scale complicated systems work, and feel a great satisfaction from making continuous improvements.
- Use deep learning and machine learning to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Develop new tools using cutting edge technology focusing on efficient large scale data management
- Work closely with the DB4AI team to jointly develop innovative tools driven by AI
- Build ML systems in production settings
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
- BSc and currently pursuing a MSc in Computer Science or other related disciplines
- Hands-on expertise with ML libraries (e.g. Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, Keras)
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Solid background in one or more of the following topics: machine learning, AutoML, database technologies, large data management
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging engineering problems is required
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.