Senior Data Engineer, Product Analytics, Supply Chain
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
In today’s world, data is king and this is the team with all the data. If you’re excited about understanding complex data sets from disparate sources, this is the team for you. Our data science and analytics team automates everything Carvana does from modeling consumer behavior to understanding how to make our users’ lives better.
Our Data Engineering team is the bouncer of Carvana’s data – and we have no qualms about tossing out the riff-raff. Our team partners with various internal stakeholders – from marketing to data science to engineering – to help Carvana become a strong, data-driven company.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the connection between our supply chain systems and our data. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow working alongside a highly skilled and supportive team on exciting projects that will help shape Carvana.
- Conceptualize and build an enterprise data warehouse for our Supply Chain data
- Use tools like SSDT, Python and Databricks to build performant and stable data pipelines
- Move and shape structured and semi-structured data between many cloud providers and data platforms, including MS SQL Server, AWS S3, Azure DataLake, Azure Blob and Azure SQL DB
- Use appropriate methodologies to gather production data
- Work with Engineering, Product and Analytics to identify gaps and opportunities in order to design and implement solutions that support Supply Chain business strategies and deliver value
- Utilize test and production environments, adhering to change management requirements for system implementations
- Participate in team design sessions and code reviews
- Take part in cross-functional project teams with data scientists, product engineers and analysts, among others.
- Work with end users and other IT teams to resolve operational issues and mitigate risks as applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
- You hold (or have the equivalent experience to) a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.
- You have an extensive background in SQL and relational databases
- You have experience using Python for medium to advanced data processing tasks
- You have experience using APIs as a data source
- You have a strong understanding of data integration concepts, business intelligence, data warehousing and working with large data
- You have worked with and feel comfortable with MS SQL Server
- You have solid understanding of performance tuning and indexing concepts
- You actively keep up with industry best practices
- You’re a forward thinker; you will predict how future company evolution will affect processes implemented today
- You are fearless of being un-knowledgeable about a particular subject area/technology; you yearn to learn and ask questions, with a strong desire to continue growing
- You practice excellent written and verbal communication
- Your attitude rocks
- You have experience coding in JAVA
- You have experience working with streaming data pipelines
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.