Principal Data Scientist
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania 18036
Region: North America
As a Data Scientist you'll be responsible for helping trail blaze AI/ML at Lutron. You will apply your analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cloud technologies knowledge to create foundations for the next generation of Lutron's smart and cloud connected platform and services.
You will be challenged to be influential and make a positive difference working on a team that is purely focused on applying data science and machine learning to various Lutron business problems. Strong communication skills are essential to deliver your message across various stakeholders/teams with diverse backgrounds and focus areas spanning research, development, engineering, business, and management. You will be working in a very agile, dynamic environment leading/supporting ongoing activities while starting new ones. Therefore, success in this role requires excellent multitasking and time management skills. We look to you to surprise us in building breakthrough AI-enabled systems leveraging modern AI techniques to create value from the data collected and generated by our base systems. These AI enabled systems and services will allow us to provide highly individualized advice at a massive scale. You will apply your advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning knowledge and experience to interact with stakeholders, identify new problems and opportunities, develop innovative propositions, contribute to intellectual property, and build and pilot first-of-its-kind demonstrators. You will take responsibility in implementing, deploying, and supporting Ml/AI artifacts in production environment serving internal business customers. You will play a strong role in shaping our agenda.
- Masters in Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or Statistics 12+ years of experience in working on data science projects
- Strong technical skills on machine learning/AI with proven track record. These technical skills include, but not limited to, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques, deep learning, supervised learning, unsupervised learning Strong tecnical knowledge on big data technologies, cloud, and opensource software tools
- Experiences and passion in transforming ML models into production codes and deploying into production environment.
- Outstanding track record of successful solutions design in the digital space
- A strong track record of starting new activity areas and E2E management of projects related to analytics enabled solutions and transferring to production as appropriate
- Working with partners and /or affiliations, track record in establishing partnerships
- Desirable experience in multicultural/global team and influencing decisions at the highest management levels.
- Experienced in using AI/ML platforms, technologies, techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc).
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency with scalable data extraction tools (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, HDFS)
- Proficiency with Scala, Spark, Python, and/or R
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com .