Data Scientist, Remote + Travel (East Yorkshire)
Salary Circa £40,000 + Benefits
We think differently. We inspire people to reach their full potential. We are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by too thinking and acting differently. As specialists in online retailing, we’ve been using technology to drive better decision making and performance for leading retail brands since 2000 across our suite of products that deliver record-breaking performance across our client's campaigns.
About the Role
Data is integral to all products which we offer to our clients. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting client deliveries and product development by using data to create insights and recommendations to support decision making. Our aim is to improve the decision-making process to increase the value of customers through understanding how to create behaviour change.
Your main focus will be on delivering accurate, timely and robust data solutions across the business, rapidly assimilating and communicating complex digital marketing and technical concepts, supporting award winning technologies and upskilling team members on data visualisation tools and techniques. You will also be creating online dashboards to visualise and measure the success of campaigns across internal and external stakeholders.
Analytics and reporting will naturally make up the majority of the role (circa 80%), with the other (20%) being focused on product knowledge, training and best practice. Reporting into the Head of Data Science, this is a challenging and rewarding role on a permanent basis, where you'll have the opportunity to utilise industry leading data science to uncover actionable insights & recommendations for our clients.
Summit teams are based from East Yorkshire, central London, Warwick and Prague. The ability to travel is required as, it is envisaged that whilst you will be fully remote for the first 3 months, regular travel to the Yorkshire offices (once a week/fortnight) where the tech teams are based is likely.
You'll have just completed your PhD, or have already spent a couple of years within a commercial setting, working as a Data Scientist. The ideal candidate will have:
- Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant subject area (e.g. Mathematics and Statistics or Physics)
- Knowledge of relevant data science technologies: R, SQL, dashboarding solutions (Data Studio, Microsoft BI, Tableau, or similar), Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of marketing web analytics platforms such as GA, Adobe, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Business Manager.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and/or retail environment
- Knowledge of relevant technology used in wider industry
- Added MongoDB to preferable
- Excellent Communication skills in English – both written and verbal
- Good relationship building, negotiating and influencing skills
- Self motivation and the ability to be able to work effectively from home
About the Benefits
Our culture is friendly, professional, entrepreneurial and focused around our people. At the heart of our business are our core values, which we regard as fundamental to our way of working. We believe in Passion, Honesty, Kindness, Teamwork and Learning while having fun!
A competitive base salary is on offer plus opportunities for progression within an established online-retailing specialist, with the added backing of our parent company TCC Global, a hugely successful and internationally recognised leader in loyalty marketing. Benefits include:
- Work place pension
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share
- Flexible working
- Health care cash plan
- £250 per year toward an 'Experience for life'
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off every year.
If you are interested in kick starting your online marketing career and becoming a Changemaker, we look forward to hearing from you. Successful candidates must have and be able to evidence their right to work in the UK. No speculative agency CVs please.
Summit is a Changemaker in online retailing. For 19 years we have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money online. A team of around 80 strong now, our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.