Zola is looking for a data-savvy Data Analyst to join our small but mighty Business Intelligence & Data Analytics team. You’ll work with a highly skilled and motivated team and your efforts and expertise will have a direct impact on framing and solving the challenges of a fast-growing startup with a complex business model and enormous amounts of data.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team at Zola is responsible for supporting all data needs of the business by collecting, organizing, and exposing high quality data to enable end users to self-serve and make data-driven business/operational decisions quickly. As a Senior Analyst, you will work to make sure the organization has the data and insights it needs to make smart decisions and drive continuous improvements. You will contribute to our BI system (Looker); you’ll work with our data engineering team to inform and influence our data infrastructure (using DBT), and you will help build out the right data layer and reporting on top of it.
This is a cross-functional role which will work with every team at Zola, including engineering, product, business stakeholders, as well as senior leadership. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence.
In this role, you will:
- Work cross functionally with all business units to make sure they have the data, insights, and reporting necessary to achieve Zola’s goals.
- Create smart, scalable, effective business dashboards, driving the conversation around key performance indicators and business strategy.
- Work w/ product and business stakeholders to identify their data needs and build out analytics/reporting solutions.
- Be a key contributor to the core BI infrastructure to enable everyone at Zola to better understand the business through data.
- Contribute to our Looker infrastructure, including data modeling and reporting.
- Identify gaps and data inefficiencies to improve data quality and reports.
- Work with our data engineering team to ensure the right data is flowing into Looker from our data warehouses and other first-party data sources.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Asks the right questions to understand non-technical users’ business problems and to map those to the best possible data solution.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and pays close attention to detail.
- Enjoys converting analyses into visual stories tailored to the needs of the audience
- Both team-oriented and self-motivated, with a scrappy, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and has an appetite for learning.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytics or BI role in a fast-paced, data-driven environment, preferably in ecommerce and/or at a startup.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- SQL and experience with relational data including exposure to complex data models.
- Excel power user; excellent quantitative and data skills
- 2+ years working w/ SQL; including familiarity with joins, CTEs, & window functions.
- Experience with BI tools like Looker (preferable), Tableau, or any BI/visualization tool.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and build trust with both technical and business partners.
- Strong business judgement and ability to see the bigger picture.
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville and Montreal. We’re hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!