(Senior) Data Scientist for Privacy Enhancing Technologies (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 196,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions.
Huawei’s Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. We recruit candidates who come to Munich and want to live and work in Munich.
For the Privacy Team of Huawei’s European Research Center (ERC) in Munich, we are currently looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist for Privacy Enhancing Technologies (m/f/d).
- With your AI/data science knowledge, work together with privacy experts to design and develop privacy preserving AI solutions with high utility and strong privacy protection (e.g. privacy-preserving ML algorithms).
- Track the trends of AI technologies and analyse the impact on privacy protection.
- Design, develop, (empirically) evaluate, and optimize proofs of concepts and software prototypes of related technologies for Huawei products.
- Improve state-of-the-art solutions and participate in the transfer of theoretic research concepts into cutting edge technologies for future Huawei products.
- Evaluate the practicability of Privacy Enhancing AI Technologies for different scenarios in terms of functionality, utility, overhead, Security, Privacy, and risk. Promote and motivate the most suiting technologies.
- Work together with other research teams and communicate results in conferences, workshops, and journals.
- 2+ years of experience or PhD degree in Machine Learning/AI and Big Data research and development.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras.
- Experience with Big Data Technology like MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated skills of programming in Python, Java or other high level languages.
- High interest and solid skills in algorithm development, optimization, and empirical performance assessment.
- Experiences of applying (NLP-based) AI techniques to identify sensitive information and semi-automatically apply protection to achieve privacy compliance requirements are a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Privacy Enhancing Technologies is a plus.
- High interest in bridging theory and practice.
- A strong publication record is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, can-do-attitude, team-work-spirit, and independent working capabilities are required.
- Master in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or other domain-related disciplines with above average grades, preferably with a doctor’s degree.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are enthusiastic to solve real-world privacy challenges and shape the future of trustworthy AI together with a multicultural team of highly-skilled researchers and engineers in Huawei’s European Research Center in Munich, join us!
Please send your application in English.
By applying to this position, you agree with our privacy statement. Find out how we process your data in our Recruitment Privacy Statement. Prefer to remove yourself from our records? Send a request to delete your data.