Underwriting Data Analyst
Remote - United States
Risk Strategies is a growth focused, privately-held, National Specialty Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Advisor. We successfully assist organizations and individuals simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With over 110 offices across the country & Canada, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work since 2018 by our most important asset, our employees. For 2019, Risk Strategies was named 6th Fastest Growing Firm, 8th Largest Personal Lines Broker, 11th largest privately-held P&C Broker and the 16th largest US Broker by Insurance Journal.
Risk Strategies is proud to be Private Equity backed by one of the oldest and most established firms in the private equity industry and a leading investor in the insurance sector. As an Employer of Choice, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an exciting, challenging career opportunity to over 2,200 employees currently.
One80 Intermediaries is a privately held, national firm with offices across the country. As a leading U.S. insurance wholesaler and program manager, the company offers placement services and binding authority for property & casualty, financial lines, personal lines, and medical stop loss risks. One80 serves commercial companies, non-profits, public entities and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets in the US and UK. One80 has offices in more than 19 locations nationwide including Boston, New York City, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Nashville, San Diego and Seattle.
This position serves to perform analysis of underwriting and claims data sent to Meridian by our administrators, and to advise the Database Manager on how to normalized it into our database in order to optimize the availability, quality and consistency of our premium and claim database records.
- Analyze administrators’ historic and current premium remittance and claim reporting formats to thoroughly understand each data element and to identify and assess any data weaknesses.
- Reach out to and question administrators’ personnel regarding any data ambiguity and request any additional data elements that may be required or beneficial.
- For each analyzed file format, provide the Database Manager with the specifications necessary to enable an accurate ETL into our normalized Legacy or Phase 1 databases.
- For Legacy or Phase 1 database records, address any problem records flagged during ETL, and advise the Database Manager of disposition of those records.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team, the Database Manager and others within Meridian to address data management issues.
- Assist in the writing of database queries on behalf of work associates.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Prior experience performing significant data analysis in a prior position(s) and/or educational background in statistics or methods of data analysis.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Prior insurance experience a significant plus.
- Ability to write SQL queries a significant plus.
- Project management experience a plus.