Decision Science & Strategy Associate
San Carlos, CA
Spring is accelerating the discovery of therapies for aging and its related diseases. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we're building a rare team of scientists and computational folks that work together closely, fighting disease.
We're hiring a Decision Science & Strategy Associate to scale critical decision making across Spring’s platform and therapeutic programs.
Aging is the single greatest risk factor for the most detrimental diseases on Earth — cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, pulmonary disease, cancer, muscle wasting, and more — and drugs that slow the biological damage accumulated while aging have the potential to reduce the incidences of these diseases, possibly simultaneously. We believe that in the not-too-distant future, the discovery of therapies for aging will provide some of the most effective tools in history for reducing our burden of disease and extending our healthy lifespan.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate the realization of that future. And we’re bringing a new set of machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.
Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. We don't expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don't expect our computational folks to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work respectfully and closely, learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- Lead due diligence, research, analysis and documentation of potential indications and BD opportunities
- Collaborate with teammates to craft external materials for licensing, partnership and other BD conversations
- Partner with scientists to structure and lead research and analysis projects that enable early-stage programs
- Contribute to high impact strategy projects and company success
- Scientific proficiency. You have no problems reading and synthesizing strategic insights from scientific literature both within and beyond your areas of expertise
- Operational excellence. You are detail-oriented and have excellent project management skills
- Broad proficiency. You have some exposure to drug development and can work across business development & licensing, IP, and corporate strategy.
- Tends towards ownership. You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand and when doing so, and take a structured and methodical approach
- Maturity in face of ambiguity. You help define questions instead of just answering them. You work to resolve ambiguity — and you're comfortable making decisions when it remains.
- Crisp communicator. You excel at crisp, concise written or spoken communication.
- Driven by impact. You're most motivated when working on a problem of important consequence, no matter what's necessary to do so.
Nice to have
- Experience with data analysis or engineering tools
- Experience on teams that have successfully in-licensed or advanced therapeutics in the clinic