Senior Manager, Data Science Analytics (m/f/x)
Wayfair’s EU Data Science team builds machine learning solutions that transform the way we do business in fraud detection, supply chain operations, and leveraging customer feedback and translations. We are looking for a seasoned, committed manager to develop and grow our horizontal analytics function. This is a key function to the success of our data science workstreams. The Team owns the reporting and monitoring of our model performance and business KPI impact, and provides insights to support the Data Science team for next iterations and continuous improvement. For a concrete example of our Analytics team’s work and contribution, please check out our recent blog post and learn how this team built Wayfair’s in-house web application that calls our NLP model services and puts them in visualizations and format so business owners can drive action with it.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for managing a team of data analysts that are embedded in our data science workstreams. Set a high bar and level up the team's technical capabilities and business awareness.
- Build and innovate scalable processes for model performance monitoring and related components like data quality and data engineering. Also responsible for metrics definition, reporting and translating into business KPI impact.
- Cooperate closely with Data Scientists, Engineers and business stakeholders, contributing to the cross-functional partnership, strategy and roadmap.
- Further build the team and an inclusive working environment by creating and developing the team vision, strategy and OKRs.
- Partner closely with tech enablement teams in Infrastructure and Data Engineering, and influence their roadmap based on the needs of the data science team.
- Uncover and understand insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data, provide and share tactical guidance on how to act on findings.
- Deliver presentations with compelling visualization and storytelling to business stakeholders, to support data-driven decision making and ultimately enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of work experience in a data analytical role wrangling with large-scale data
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and manage high performing team to deliver business impact with track record, particularly in a cross-functional and multi-stakeholder environments
- Strong quantitative skills, knowledge and experience with various analytical methods including statistics and experimentation.
- Strong communication skills – ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business direction
- Experience in aligning quantitative and technical work closely with business priorities and business value
- Mastery of writing SQL queries; experience with programming (Python/R), big data frameworks and cloud-based analytics tools (preferably GCP)
- Prior hands on experience of building tools, reporting and analytics for performance evaluation of machine learning models
- Strive in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.