Python Engineer - Applied AI
We aim to improve the World by using data and AI.
You will work alongside AI Researchers and Machine Learning Engineers to use your engineering skills to drive development, improvement and maintenance of cutting-edge AI-based solutions. You will help to create impactful Machine Learning based services and products
Our Python Engineer, Applied AI (you) will be:
- Building testable, maintainable APIs and microservices, serving millions of requests each month
- Maintaining existing applications and services and continuously improve performance
- Striving towards applying best practices and stay up-to-date with current trends and technologies
- Testing your code and ensure stability
- Turning AI prototypes and computer vision algorithms into production-ready software
- Working with Product Managers and Researchers, gathering requirements and working with your team to design cutting-edge solutions from scratch
- Learning and sharing expertise with the team (documentation, code reviews, demos, etc.)
What you will need:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience designing and building production software
- Familiar with Linux environments
- Willingness to take end-to-end ownership of problems that span across multiple disciplines and stacks
- Be passionate about best-practices in software development
It's a plus if you have:
- Thorough understanding of Python and at least one other programming language
- Experience building computer vision applications
- Experience with AI in production
- Demonstrated understanding of deep learning and data science concepts
- Experience with Docker, gRPC, REST, CI/CD, and cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience benchmarking software and optimizing its performance
- Comfortable managing infrastructure both on-prem and in the cloud
What you are like:
- Very open-minded (eager to ask for comments/suggestions)
- Able to share and suggest ideas
- Have a can do and will do attitude!
- Ready to tackle any challenge
- Do tons of research, creativity is a plus here!
- Ready to tackle any challenge
- Able to go shoe-less (we are a shoe-free environment)
- Nice and outgoing; we have some pretty cool social events at work!
- Can play musical instrument or board games is a plus!
- We work at the frontier of innovation in the AI industry
- Your chance to work on meaningful products that solve and improve real-life problems and challenges
- Attractive WFH Policy
- Up early or slow starter in the morning? We have flexible office hours
- OKR-driven workplace; We provide direction, not orders and give you the autonomy to deliver your best work
- Mentorship programs for every level; from executive-level coaching to fresh grad
- We run like a startup, and embrace the adventure; we focus on getting things done, while still having a down to earth and informal culture.
- Get to work and learn from the best in the industry, and share your ideas with like-minded individuals
Because we cultivate intelligence and learning and help people grow beyond their potential.
This is your chance to build your career in a growing data driven industry.
We seek passion and ambition to turn data into action!
Is joining a team of really intelligent, witty, data enthusiasts. your cup of tea?!