Senior Data Scientist
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are seeking Data Scientist
Total Experience - 15-20 Years
Location - Pune / Bangalore / Hyderabad
Explore large datasets to surface useful trends, signals, and segments.The role drives business and industry solutions focused on Big Data and Advanced Analytics. Domain expertise in Manufacturing/Healthcare/Telecom/Financial Services is a key aspect. The role uses analytics to provide predictive, prescriptive, and decisive insight.
• Interact with customers to understand business objectives and create analytical strategies to help achieve them.
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods.
• Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
• Analyze data using open source packages and commercial/enterprise applications
• Perform machine learning, text analytics, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
• Implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
• Drive client engagements focused on Big Data and Advanced Business Analytics.
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
• Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations. Skills Required â€¢ Expertise in Data Mining, Data wrangling, and data munging using one or more of the most commonly used data science tools: R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Weka â€¢ Experience in end-to-end data science and engineering activities.
• Expertise in client engagement, data science consulting type activities.
• Must have led a team of data engineers and data scientists in leading data science engagements.
• Experience with analytics in IT and IoT space is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in Hadoop (Map Reduce paradigm) etc.
• Must be hands-on and must have worked on implementing machine learning and data mining algorithms.
• Passion for finding meaning in large data sets and identifying actionable results.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with and transforming large data sets.
• Understanding of business value and how this relates to actionable results.
• Ability to identify or interpret many inputs and requirements then transforming them into actionable plans.
• Ability to take vaguely defined data sets and requirements then proactively identify and partner with needed SMEs to provide interpretations tailored to individual client needs.
• Ability to visualize data results into meaningful workflows including charts and graphs
• Experience in scripting languages with experience in scripting to integrate software solutions is a plus.
• Additional Skills (optional) Scala, Spark, H2O,Mahout, Hive
• Product Knowledge: At least 3 of the following: o R, Python (Scikit-learn, numpy, etc), Weka, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB/Octave, Hadoop (Map Reduce programming).
• Ability to work in a Linux environment, and process large amounts of data in a cloud environment.
• Knowledge in Search Engine: such as Elastic, Apache Lucene/Solr
- BE / B Tech / ME / M Tech
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.