Director of Data Analytics
Director of Data Analytics | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a Director of Data Analytics reporting directly into the Chief Data Officer to lead the Growth Data Analytics team in delivering high-value strategic and analytical projects to accelerate Acorns growth.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
- Be the thought leader for growth analytics and partner with senior level executives, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills to make clear recommendations
- Drive CAC efficiency through leveraging experimentation, incrementality testing and Data Science to optimize for volume, value and LTV
- Analyze channel performance by LTV, survival, short term growth and ARPU calculating ROI and recommending the right scenario for the right moment
- Amplify an already highly effective data driven culture
- Prioritize team resources to meet both short term and long term goals
- Own, Alarm and understand the full acquisition funnel to ensure maximum efficiency and resilience
- Develop strategic perspectives on new market opportunities and assessing the risks/benefits
- Automate descriptive analytics and build dashboards for self-service for KPIs and performance tracking
- Deliver thought provoking proactive analyses to drive the business to better serve our customers
- Conduct hands on advanced analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions
- Perform rigorous analyses, sensitivity analyses, scenario models and translate analysis into business recommendations
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA/BS in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics; MS/MBA/PhD a plus
- 10+ years relevant experience driving business outcomes through analytics
- Previous experience with a high growth technology startup, consumer finance, and mobile app
- Expert knowledge of complex analytical techniques including optimization techniques, statistical significance testing, etc.
- Expert knowledge of A/B test design and measurement
- Expert knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, Python, Spark, or Microsoft Excel for conducting exploratory and explanatory analytical projects and for building predictive models
- Expert knowledge of AdTech / MarTech stacks including ITP, GDPR, CCPA and iOS14 impact on measurement
- Demonstrated track record managing large and complex consulting projects
- Creative thinking and solutions to complex technical/business issues
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- High interpersonal ability and influence skills to lead projects working with senior management
- Resourceful and committed to excellence
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way