Tempe, Arizona, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Production Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Production Analyst at Oscar, you will do everything necessary to help us build a solid operational foundation. You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from member service, risk, network, clinical, claims, population health, and technical teams with leadership exposure. You may also work with regulatory authorities and Oscar’s vendors.
You will report directly to the Insurance Operations Manager
- Develop insights into opportunities for workflow improvements
- Scoping analysis for processing issues
- Build supporting documentation of process updates
- A/R file research and execution
- Manage data transfers and remediate any open questions and action items with external vendors
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, in particular database querying
- Form a working relationship with all partners
- Support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Understand relevant policies, and identify and measure the impact of any changes on our internal operations
- 1+ years of related work experience in healthcare, analytics, or operations
- 1+ years of experience of SQL, BigQuery or similar database languages
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications and data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Tableau, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exposure to payment integrity and payment policy optimization
- Exposure to Python
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.