Houston, Texas, United States
Do you see how data can be used, modeled and visualized in new ways to improve decisions in industrial engineering, but you experience that the tools and data availability is insufficient to create impact? If you want to change that, and take part in forming what the future of the industry will look like you should join our Cognite and become a part of the team responsible for delivering Cognite’s cutting edge industry solutions to our customers!
As a Data Engineer, located in Houston, TX, you will design, develop and implement data infrastructure and best-in-class pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency. You are an experienced engineer with a passion for software development, hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for flagship products.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Solution Architects to understand client requirements and define queries with subject matter experts
- Develop custom extractors using backend technologies and languages i.e Python, Spark, Rest APIs
- Customize existing extractors i.e. database extractor using SQL, event streaming using Kafka and deploy using Docker
- Create custom data models for data discovery, mapping, and cleansing
- Collaborate with product development to turn customer needs into potential product offerings
- Prototype data visualization and dashboards
Who You Are
- 1-3+ years of experience (degree in computer science or information related)
- Loves to code, passion for coding, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others
- Strong understanding of data analysis or data science
- Experience working with data technologies, such as: ETL, SQL, Python
- Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with and engage with clients -- we don’t build solutions in isolation.
- Role based in Houston, TX or (Austin, TX w/ travel to Houston)
What Makes Us Great
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join Together@Cognite for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Meal + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Google awarded Cognite Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year 2019 for Manufacturing and Austin Business Journal named Cognite 2020 Best Places to Work.