Software Engineer, Data Operations
Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
Appier’s solutions are powered by proprietary deep learning and machine learning technologies to empower every business to use AI to turn data into business insights and decisions. As a Software Engineer, Data Operations, you will be involved in helping to maintain and operate mission-critical systems that drive the internet economy.
Task of the role
- Maintain and operate data warehouse system and ETL pipeline for data access, collection, processing and storage, and support AI, data analysis tasks
- Manage deployment of the platform on public clouds (AWS, Google Cloud) with hundreds of instances across the globe
- Operate Big Data and Machine Learning Platform using Apache Spark and related technologies
- Responsible for daily operations, systems troubleshooting and automation maintenance for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
- Handling hundred of terabytes of data
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in Linux administration and cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- 2+ years of python and scripting experience
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Ability to work in a fast-moving team environment and juggle many tasks and projects
- Self-learner with high attention to detail, sense of ownership, customer-centric attitude and team-orientation
[Nice to have]
- 5+ years of experience in Internet Industry
- Experience with operating Spark or Hadoop farm
- Experience with managing data storage using Kafka and Cassandra
- Big data operations experience
- Experience working with Scala a plus
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general