Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:At Glovo we are constantly looking for passionate and experienced engineers to join our team Barcelona office for the platform tooling team. Glovo depends heavily on machine learning to make decisions in different areas of business. The Platform team is responsible for providing the infrastructure and the necessary tooling for both data scientists and engineers to experiment, deploy and monitor machine learning solutions at scale.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Architect, build and maintain the platform that enables engineers and data scientists to create, evaluate, and deploy machine learning solutions at scale
- Scale our machine learning products and the team around them as our business grows
- Work closely with data scientists to understand their needs and challenges
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high quality solutions
- Participate in high-level technical decisions
- Mentor and empower other engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Extensive knowledge of software architecture and best practices
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- A well demonstrated test-driven mindset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of programming (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Good English
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Participation in open source projects is a huge plus
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://jobs.glovoapp.com/en/careers