Associate Data Scientist - Graduate (w/m/x)
Zurich, Zürich, CH
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You uncover the stories hidden in data, and find patterns in the numbers. As an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll put this skill to work to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations for better results. You’ll use a variety of data (structured, unstructured, IoT streaming), analytics, AI tools, and programming languages often using a cloud infrastructure to handle the volume and veracity of data streams.
Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, as an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll formulate conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders in an organization's leadership structure, leveraging strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
Work you could do as an Associate Data Scientist:
· Implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
· You’ll incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
· Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs, providing analytical solutions.
· Use leading edge tools such as Python, R, Deep Learning Frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras or Pytorch combined with IBM tools and our AI application suites
· Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
·Build teams or writing programs to cleanse and integrate data in an efficient and reusable manner, developing predictive or prescriptive models, and evaluating modeling results
·Ask business and industry questions to identify appropriate modeling techniques
·Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Applied experience with 2 out of the following Python, R, SQL, Java
• Strong knowledge of algorithms (statistical and deep learning) and data structures (structured and unstructured)
• Experience with :
o shaping use cases and building business cases
o deep learning, natural language processing, image recognition and related frameworks
• Thriving on teamwork and having excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in English
• And Fluent in German or French
• Graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree with work experience or master’s degree in the following fields or similar: computer science, mathematics, natural sciences, economics, business analytics
• PhD is beneficial
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience with deployment of AI models on Cloud technologies is an asset
Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop and NoSQL is an asset
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Big Data Consulting Deep Learning Economics Hadoop Java Keras Machine Learning NoSQL Open Source Python PyTorch R Research Spark SQL TensorFlow
Job region(s): Europe
Job metrics: 42 9 0