Data Engineer- Informatica ETL tools
Bucharest, Bucuresti, RO
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work in an environment at the intersection of business and technology, at both strategic and operational level. The solution spectrum is broad and often highly complex combining the substantial strengths of IBM in analytic methods and techniques, the ability of research teams to solve problems of unprecedented scale and complexity, and the industry, business knowledge and skills of consulting teams. Help clients use advanced analytics, business intelligence and information strategy for optimal results.
The ETL Developer in this job role has expertise in making available, integrating, and optimizing structured and/or unstructured data using database products, technologies, and methods. Typical examples of the deliverables are database designs, information models (logical, physical, dimensional, etc.), code, unit tests, and documentation
Work with ETL tools such as: Informatica Power Center, has knowledge of Data Integration and Data Modeling, write technical specifications.
• Work closely with the client to understand and clarify the technical requirements
• Review and analyze source data, analyze and document data flows, validate mapping specifications and business rules from data source to target
• Design, develop, test ETL workflows, mappings
• Database design and modeling, performance optimization, implementation of packages and stored procedures
• Develop and test shell scripts (medium level)
• Write technical documentation
• Provides support, maintenance and issue investigation and resolution; fix issues identified and raised by the client within the agreed SLAs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 3 years experience in data modeling for data warehousing - star, snowflake schema designs
• At least 3 years experience performing ETL/data integration tools like Informatica, Data Stage, Ab Initio
• At least 5 years experience in SQL with a common RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySql
• High skills in performance tuning (ETL/DB)
• General knowledge of working with unstructured and structured data files (xml, json, etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Nice to have - experience in 2 or more BI tools like Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos
• Nice to have - experience with shell scripting
• Nice to have – experience with APEX
• Nice to have - TELCO knowledge
• Ability to debug and solve complex problems, to manage multiple priorities, to adapt to frequent changes, follow a project plan and meet project deadlines
• Proficient in English (written/spoken)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Business Intelligence Consulting Data Warehousing ETL JSON MySQL Oracle Research SQL Tableau
Job region(s): Europe