Director of Decision Science
At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
We are expanding our Borrowing (retail lending) business, and to drive that growth we are investing heavily in our credit decisioning tools and capabilities. Our goal is to build a powerful suite of decision science models which can bring immense value both to Monzo and our customers, making use of the latest thinking in predictive analytics and machine learning. We are looking for a new Director of Decision Science to join us, lead the team and make this vision into a reality.
You should apply if:
- You are an expert in decision science modelling (data collection, segmentation, variable selection, model development, validation and implementation)
- You have track record in deploying decisioning models for credit underwriting
- You have a strong vision about where and how decision science should be deployed to improve a retail lending business
- You have a good working knowledge of machine learning techniques, and are motivated by the idea of working with Monzo’s central ML team to bring these to life in the context of Borrowing products
- You are a well-organised team and project manager, able to coordinate, communicate and delegate effectively
- You can bring a dynamic energy to the team, and are keen for the chance to drive new products and features and ship them to our customers
- You have strong analytical ability backed up by technical coding skills: SQL and Python are desirable
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
You'll spend your time:
- Managing a team that builds and own all of the decision science models in Borrowing
- Managing and coaching our Decision Scientists and Data Analysts to perform to the best of their abilities
- Owning projects to deliver and enhance models, linking with underwriting strategy and guiding the models through validation and governance
- Advising Borrowing’s senior team on data strategy and managing Monzo’s relationships with credit bureaus
- Finding opportunities to bring decision science into all parts of the customer journey, from origination to account management and ultimately collections & recoveries
The application process consists of a recruiter call, a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by final stage interviews conducted via google hangout.
This role is based in the London office, however given the current circumstances we are all working remotely.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.