Staff Big Data Engineer
Remote - US
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform for the safe and effective use of data. Our platform powers people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving fascinating technical problems and enabling our customers’ success—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff Big Data Engineer for our Big Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for building, operating, and managing LiveRamp’s Big Data Infrastructure and related tools and applications. Our data infrastructure team operates one of the largest Hadoop deployments in the world, with 90,000 CPUs, 300TB of memory, and 30 PB of storage. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation and monitoring. This position will report to the Manager for the Big Data Team and partner closely with other technical leads in engineering.
We’re looking for someone that has technical breadth and depth in Big Data processing tools and framework. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on Big Data Infrastructure tooling and best practices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for custom built or off the shelf solutions in a big data environment.
- Develop and automate large scale infrastructure to support high-performance data processing systems (batch and real time), Analytics and AI/ML
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure Big Data infrastructure tools and technologies like Spark, CDAP, Dataproc, Presto, Kafka, Tensorflow
- Recruit, hire, scale and act as a leader within a growing team of engineers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions for an emerging technologies
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork
- Your team supports solutions for the entire LiveRamp organization based in California, New York, Paris, London and Nantong, China
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience in one of the languages - Python, Go, Java or Scala.
- You have 2+ years of hands on experience in managing and optimizing Big Data ecosystems such as Spark, Hadoop/MR, Kafka
- You have experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and reliability practices
- You excel in undefined environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex technical challenges, and then building them.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace).
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.