Machine Learning Engineer
Sofia, Sofia City, Bulgaria
What we do
The Machine Learning Research team in Ocado Sofia is part of the innovation division of Ocado and works on projects that push the boundaries of what can be achieved with machine learning technology in the computer vision and robotics domains.
Some of the things we are working on are control of robots to perform dexterous manipulation tasks, recognise 1000s of different products in our range from camera images, recognise irregular parts and containers in our warehouses and vehicle fleet and many others.
The team provides an environment in which innovation can thrive and we collaborate with various research and development teams in the UK and Ocado’s development offices in Europe.
What you'll be doing:
- Working on novel projects that involve fast system prototyping and experimentation using computer vision software, robotics systems, machine learning models and large-scale compute infrastructure.
- Design and execute cutting edge experiments.
- Training state-of-the-art deep neural networks for prediction and reinforcement learning.
- Designing robotic setups in the lab and physics simulation environments.
- Identifying opportunities and driving new initiatives for applying machine learning in Ocado.
- Contributing to technical blog posts, papers, talks and patent applications.
What you need:
- Degree (PhD, MS, BS) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Math or relevant majors with specialisation in artificial intelligence, machine learning, machine vision, robotics, or natural language processing.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of machine learning.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java and C++.
- Knowledge in one or more deep learning frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and strong at fostering work relationships.
What will help you further:
- Knowledge in application areas such as computer vision and robotics.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools such as Jupyter, pandas, matplotlib.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. BigQuery, Spark, GCS, AWS, etc.).
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS).
- Strong publication record in relevant areas.
- Experience driving multi-year research or development project.
Our social benefit package icludes:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Keep a close eye to our online webinars for more news.
Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com