Software Engineer, AR Machine Learning
Niantic’s AR Team is seeking an ambitious Augmented Reality Software Engineer to push the frontiers of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. In this role you’ll be part of a collaborative, motivating, and engaging team, to help algorithms evolve from concept to production. We are all passionate about discovery, so we’re looking for engineers who want to learn and deploy inventions that could help make better “adventures on foot, with others.”
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies, while crafting engaging apps for millions of users.
- Collaborate cross functionally with complementary teams of engineers and designers, to build advanced software for in-field use that will deliver outstanding AR experiences.
- Work on optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments for production computer vision, machine learning, and AR algorithms.
- Design systems that enhance the Niantic AR Development Kit and products directly, or through internal R&D tools, to emphasize computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Innovate by finding problems, implementing elegant solutions, and building first-of-its-kind technology.
- Write high performance code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently to meet agreed timelines.
- Work with machine learning and computer vision researchers to train, tune, evaluate and profile neural networks for running on device.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Advanced knowledge of C++.
- Experience in deployment of deep learning models in production.
- Confidence in concurrent computing concepts.
- Consistent record of working collaboratively in a multi-functional team.
- You have experience working with on-device ML frameworks like TensorFlow Lite or CoreML.
- You have experience training models with PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- You have experience developing applications for iOS or Android platforms.
- You have experience with ARCore or ARKit.
- You have experience scaling machine learning or 3D geometry systems.
- You have experience with SLAM.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.