Senior Data Analyst - Central BI
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Central Business Intelligence team. The role is responsible for data analysis, identifying data impact of engineering projects, coding data transformations and designing KPIs. Central BI lead strategic data projects for Glovo. As well as our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Quality programmes, they work with Engineering teams to identify the data impact of upcoming projects and manage the changes needed to keep company reporting up and running. They're also the center of excellence for BI Engineering and Analytics, offering support and mentorship to our data community.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Work closely with departmental analysts and BI data engineers to define company KPIs and write the SQL required calculate to them in our data pipelines.
- Design data quality measurements, writing queries that can identify when data is missing, and working out the thresholds for alerts.
- Work with back end Engineering teams to understand the impact of upcoming projects on our data, and with stakeholders to design the data transformations needed to keep our reports running.
- Run SQL training sessions and help junior analysts optimize slow running queries.
- Create Looker dashboards for teams that don't have analysts of their own.
- Bring a quality-first approach to everything you build, carrying out rigorous testing and writing good documentation.
- 2-4 years of professional experience outside of an academic and internship setting, in a quantitative analysis role.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Solid proficiency in Python and experience working with popular tools such as Pandas, SciPy, Jupyter/iPython notebooks.
- AWS experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of visualisation tools, Looker preferred.
- Good understanding of software development and agile methodologies.
- Ability to juggle multiple strands of work and priorities on complex projects.
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to stakeholders and get buy-in thanks to ability to understand business needs.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the teams.
- A Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics or similar.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must, Spanish is a plus.
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Spanish lessons
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Job tags: AWS Business Intelligence Engineering Looker Pandas Python SciPy SQL
Job region(s): Europe