Data Science Intern
- This is a 6-month internship opportunity - Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. Hosting Services, built on top of the acquisition of Luckey, is a key business unit of Airbnb. We offer property owners an all-inclusive service: listing of their residence, management of guest arrivals and departures, professional cleaning services, 24/7 assistance, and more. As we continue to expand our business, we continue to look for the best and brightest to drive strategic decisions and growth. To this end, Airbnb is seeking a passionate, positive, bright, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial person to ensure the success of the entire Hosting Services ecosystem.
- Run strategic analysis to help inform the strategic direction of our fast growing business
- Design new data products to surface the right information, at the right time
- Build new products that will delight our hosts and help them be successful on Airbnb
- Design experiments to measure the impact of new features on our marketplace
- Relevant education in a quantitative field including Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or Computer Science
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Presto/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. unix/python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Python)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-changing start-up environment.
Job tags: Economics Python R Research SQL Travel
Job region(s): Europe