Research Engineer in IoT and Data Analytics
Paiania, Attica, Greece
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for agile and highly-motivated “Research Engineers in IoT and Data Analytics” to join a team of future shapers.
The candidates will join our research team and work on Internet of Things (IoT) and Data Analytics solutions applied in vertical domains such as eHealth and Smart Grids. They will work on a small team, while being versatile and independent, will apply data analytics methods to tackle interesting research problems, and will gain expertise in modern and emerging IoT technologies.
- Evaluation and application of scientific techniques for addressing research challenges;
- Technology scouting and experimentation with new technologies in lab environment;
- Architectural design and technical specifications of software solutions;
- Contribution in design and implementation of software solutions;
- Leading or contributing to technical reports
- Delivering technical presentations and demos;
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary research groups in the context of collaborative research and innovation projects
- BSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline
- MSc degree in Computer Science, IoT, Data or equivalent will be considered a strong asset
- At least 4 years relevant work experience
- Excellent object-oriented design skills and programming experience in Java, Python, or C/C++
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing, Computer Networks, Machine-to-Machine Communications
- Solid knowledge of Big Data Analytics approaches and/or IoT technologies
- Solid foundation in the Internet ecosystem, computer networks and telecommunications
- Excellent use of English language
- Fulfilled military obligations, for male applicants
- EU citizenship
Nice to Have
- Experience in Software Engineering methodologies and Agile Development
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated tools (continuous development, version control, issue tracking, etc.)
- Experience in developing IoT systems and/or distributed applications and/or Big Data solutions
- Experience in Middleware platforms and SOA solutions
- Experience with Unix\Linux systems
- Experience in collaborative research projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated to learn new technologies and investigate solutions
- Agile practitioner with excellent communication skills
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Team player able to represent the team in an international environment
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.