Cloud Data Analyst / Data Engineer
San Jose, California, US
IBM Cloud Pak® for Data is a fully-integrated data and AI platform that modernizes how businesses collect, organize and analyze data to infuse AI throughout their organizations. Cloud native by design, the platform unifies market-leading services spanning the entire analytics lifecycle. From data management, DataOps, governance, business analytics and automated AI, IBM Cloud Pak for Data helps eliminate the need for costly, and often competing, point solutions while providing the information architecture clients need to implement AI successfully.
Building on the streamlined hybrid-cloud foundation of Red Hat® OpenShift®, IBM Cloud Pak for Data takes advantage of the underlying resource and infrastructure optimization and management. The solution fully supports multi-cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud® and private cloud deployments.
The Data and AI Expert Labs organization is looking for Entry Level Data Engineer / Data Analyst to join the Cloud Pak for Data organization to support deployments and/or support of the technology for clients.What you’ll do as an Entry Level Data Engineer / Data Scientist in the Expert Labs Cloud Pak for Data organization:
Your Role and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as an Entry Level Data Analyst / Data Engineer in the Expert Labs Cloud Pak for Data organization:
• Deploy Cloud Pak for Data for IBM clients across various platforms
• Help define Cloud Pak for Data architectures that operationalize the platform and map relevant client use cases to satisfy key stakeholders and drive business value
• Assist our Cloud team for any support activities for our customer deployment
• Assist client development teams with Cloud Pak for Data environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information
• Leverage customer data assets to optimize profitability, grow customer relationships, improve experience and satisfy business need
• Ensure consistent data quality, establish data standards and governance, integrate data between on premise and cloud both operationally and analytically
• Optimize data retrieval and develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for stakeholders
• Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and deploy successful analytical solutions
• Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors
Who You Are:
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with containerization, programming/scripting
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development methodologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding with statistical programming in a language (ex: R, SAS or Java)
- Basic understanding of hybrid cloud architectures and data integration needs
- Foundational OpenShift, dockers, containers knowledge
- Proven client facing, communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelors or above, preferably in Computer Science, Math, Business, Economics or related field technical field
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regressions, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights
- Understanding of data usage, process analysis and improvement, technology development/support
- Experience writing complicated database SQL queries (Oracle, PostgresQL, Hive, etc).
- Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, metadata management
- Knowledge on using RESTful APIs, GraphQL
- Experience with following technologies are an advantage: Hadoop Ecosystem, Hortonworks/Cloudera Distribution, HBase, Hive, Spark/PySpark, Kafka, HDInsight, Elasticsearch, Streamsets, Apache NiFi, BIGQUERY and various datastores such as MongoDB, HDFS, S3, and Azure Storage, SQL
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI AWS BigQuery Consulting Economics Hadoop HDFS Java Kafka MongoDB Oracle PySpark R Security Spark SQL
Job region(s): North America