🚀 Who are we?
Grip is the world’s leading AI-powered event networking solution based in London, UK. We empower professionals with quality business interactions at events across the globe.
At its core, our proprietary technology drives intelligent recommendations through Grip’s self-learning matchmaking engine. As a multi-award-winning global leader in AI-powered tech, we pride ourselves in being real innovators in professional matchmaking.
We work with the biggest and most exciting event organizers in the world, such as Informa, ITE, Reed Exhibitions, Amazon, The Guardian and many others. We operate in 30+ countries, AI-power 500+ events and hold several awards for our technology.
Our backers are well-known investor heavyweights, such as Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter) and David Helgason (Founder at Unity Technologies).
We seek an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help make our vision a reality.
🚀 Core Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our Product team and the wider business to design, build and ship new data centric features from scratch across a wide range of platforms and languages.
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability and security of data systems in production.
- Support partner and client integrations with our data systems.
- Support Data Science efforts by productionizing experiments and research.
🚀Experience and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience, including full time software engineering experience working with a number of data storage and data processing systems such as:
- Relational Databases: MySQL, MariaDB
- Data Warehousing / ETL experience
- Key-Value and NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc
- Stream Processing & Timeseries Data: kinesis, kafka, influx, druid, tsdb, etc
- Bonus points:
- DevOps experience
- Amazon Web Services experience
- REST API experience
- Search engine experience
🚀 Grip Benefits
- Competitive salary at a fast-growing startup
- Remote working possibilities (also post COVID-19)
- 25 holiday days per annum
- Opportunity to take lead in shaping an entire industry through AI
- A world-class team of sales, operations and engineering
- Rare opportunity to grow with the company and take the lead in shaping an entire industry’s use of technology
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture.