Software Developer – Big Data
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada or Toronto, Ontario
Arctic Wolf Networks
Posted 1 month ago
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Software Developer - Big Data to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
We are building out a team to scale our rapidly growing big data search infrastructure to the next level. You will help build and extend data infrastructure that our various services depend on. Our systems process hundreds of billions of events per day and need to continue to scale as our business grows. This is a Software Engineering position, not an Operations position with a fancy label. We live and breathe Infrastructure-as-Code and you will be spending a portion of your day writing and testing code. We want to continue to push the boundaries to provide the best possible service to our customers and we need your help to get there.
- Maintain and improve the core Big Data platforms supporting our various products and services
- Help to develop and extend our growing large set of big data systems, software and infrastructure
- Collaborate with the rest of the team in standup meetings and design discussions
- Working as part of the team to explore, develop and implement big data technologies and approaches as we grow
Required Skills and Experience:
- Background in designing, building and running distributed, scalable systems
- Development experience in Python, Ruby or Go
- Hands on experience with Bash / Shell scripting
- Solid work experience with Ubuntu or other Linux variants
- Experience with containers and related orchestration stacks such as Docker, Kubernetes or similar
- Experience with cloud / virtualization / infrastructure such as VMware, AWS, Azure, OpenShift, or Kubernetes
- Prior usage of configuration management / orchestration systems such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience in writing client or server centric software with REST/JSON API's or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding of messaging services like Kafka or AWS SQS/SNS
- Experience supporting developers or end users with Elasticsearch query, API and/or Kibana application / reporting use cases
- Experience running Elasticsearch cluster(s) at scale with millions of documents or more indexed per day
- Strong experience working with core AWS technologies including EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, and CloudFormation
- Experience in an SRE or DevOps team responsible for large-scale services
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.