Data Scientist OR Senior Data Scientist
Posted 1 month ago
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About our Data Scientist Role:
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist depending on your experience.
We are looking for a data scientist who is excited by the challenge of solving big data problems using a wide array of modeling and analytical techniques. Members of Foursquare’s data science team are responsible for owning important methodological components of our products. Specifically, this role will have a heavy focus on our attribution product, Placed powered by Foursquare. This person has the opportunity to tackle the challenges posed by continuous flow of massive data from heterogeneous sources (often have different data structures as well).
This individual has a strong understanding of data science concepts and techniques across the disciplines of applied statistics and machine learning. This individual brings a pragmatic approach to analysis problems, able to provide triage support and pre-production solutions for clients as needed. This role carries the responsibility of developing new product features and building scalable prototypes of novel methodologies from the ground up. Communication skills using data visualization for effectively sharing insights found in data with stakeholders will be a plus.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Leverage supervised and unsupervised learning techniques to develop scalable prototypes for new product features and client-facing metrics with a focus on media measurement
- Collaborate with engineering teams and other DS groups on methodology development and research ahead of production implementations
- Support pre-production client DS needs and triage
- Lead cross-team cooperation and mentor junior scientists
- 4+ years of work or educational experience in data science, machine learning, applied statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Master’s degree or comparable research experience in a quantitative field
- Proven track record of delivering on products and/or practical research endeavors
- Programing skill for data science and analytics (experience with the Python data science stack and/or R, as well as SQL)
- Experience with Spark, AWS EMR or similar frameworks is a plus
- Experience with ad tech, specifically involving media measurement, is also a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.