Senior Data Analyst
Posted 1 month ago
About the position
We’re looking for an inquisitive Sr. Data Analyst who enjoys working cross-functionally, has a strong passion for analytics and is eager to drive operational improvements and sound product decisions. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, has excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in using analytics to understand and influence business decisions.
You will be a key contributor to our centralized Analytics team, working closely across Product, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. You will provide insight, identify opportunities and impact the strategy and operations of ThousandEyes.
In the Analytics team we are excited about the impact data can have in our business, product and our customers’ experience – we hope you share our enthusiasm!
- Utilize a strong analytical skill set to drive business decisions using internal and external data (e.g. market, industry)
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to formulate and complete end-to-end analyses. This includes gathering requirements, wrangling data, conducting exploratory analysis, creating deliverables and presentations.
- Analyze and define operational metrics that tie back to business performance and frequently report on these to cross-functional stakeholders/ leadership
- Leverage our tech stack (Redshift, Looker) to provide insights at scale that will solve for data needs across different teams
- Employ database expertise to observe trends in data, detect and resolve data anomalies
- Effectively manage and prioritize projects and time, which includes meeting key milestones and collecting feedback from stakeholders
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years experience with problem solving and providing practical business insights and recommendations using large volume data sets from multiple sources
- Exceptional teammate that can lead complex projects across the team, implement data best practices, and mentor members on the data analytics team
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, and data modeling
- Strong problem solving ability, high attention to detail and rigor, can-do attitude and desire to learn
- Hands-on to get things done fast and ability to work without continual guidance
- Strong cross-functional and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audiences
- Entrepreneurial in nature - able to keep moving initiatives forward in ambiguous situations
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Chartio, Looker)
- Experience doing product analysis at a SaaS companies
- Management consulting experience
- Experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language)