Global Compensation & People Data Analyst
Wikimedia FoundationImagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge
Posted 1 month ago
Global Compensation & People Data Analyst
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a contract Compensation & People Data Analyst to join our Talent & Culture (T&C) department reporting to the Senior Manager, People Operations. This is a 6 months full time role with the possibility to extend for another six months and/or potential for this role to convert into a full-time staff role based on successful performance during the contract period.
WMF has defined a new compensation structure and philosophy. About 40% time in this role will be allocated to lead and support the rollout of the new compensation program globally and operationalize the new structure and changes (including an ad hoc adjustment for new compensation bands). The Foundation is also delving into people data to improve decision making. About 40% time in this role will be allocated to lead and support the build-up of the People Analytics Dashboard for the Foundation and the development of relevant metrics to support decision making within the T&C department. The remaining 20% time will be spent on supporting ad hoc projects and operations of the T&C department.
This role requires experience and understanding of job architectures, design and application of salary bands, an excellent understanding of the functions in a typical HR department and analytical capabilities. This role will play an important part in the salary planning process globally and serve as an escalation point to support the recruiters. In addition, a solid practical understanding of HR data repositories and their use with HR data from different systems to develop metrics and dashboards specifically targeted at providing people insights to the T&C leadership team is necessary. As WMF is a global organization, such analytical and practical application proficiencies with compensation and people analytics practices on a multi-country scale are necessary.
You are responsible for:
- Performing job analysis, creating salary ranges and benchmarking positions to the market and producing benchmark pay recommendations based on economic indicators and market compensation surveys (Mercer, Radford, etc.)
- Assisting and collaborating in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program and other compensation and benefits programs for all employees
- Solving organization challenges and issues with people data in partnership with other departments within T&C including establishing processes and documentation to ensure people data quality and integrity
- Developing people data metrics and dashboards to measure and support Recruitment and People Operations initiatives including D&I related initiatives
- Maintaining the people analytics dashboards and providing timely information and insights for management review
- Leading the creation of a robust people data repository / HRIS by scoping requirement, providing guidance on the optimal data management model and assisting with the implementation
- Serving as the point of contact and support for people data and compensation queries across the organisation
- Working with the T&C Leadership to execute a clear and comprehensive communication plan for all compensation and people analytics activities
- Serving as a partner to HR Business Partners and Recruiters to help communicate insights to key stakeholders
- Partnering cross-functionally with other T & C functions on different HR initiatives
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in HR within an international organization with English as the lingua franca. Major time during these years of service should be in compensation and people analytics.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with some modules in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Social Research), or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience in developing data visualizations / dashboards with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, etc.
- Broad overall HR background, including experience in different HR subject areas as possible (the more the merrier)
- Experience in supporting a global organization with projects across different countries and continents
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and along side a highly collaborative team, including being adaptable to work with a variety of personalities and backgrounds
- Ability to work remotely in an effective manner within a highly distributed, global organization
- Ability to balance working in a transparent and highly collaborative environment while maintaining the confidentiality of being in HR
- Amazing attention to detail, and maturity to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Fluency through hands on-experience in one or more Statistical programming languages like R, Python will be a competitive advantage for this role
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or (415) 839-6885.