Senior Data Science Architect
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted 1 month ago
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re looking for a talented Sr. Data Science Architect to come aboard. In this role, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, IT and Data Science teams to create a best in class billing engine. This is a strategic, high-impact role that will also help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR DATA SCIENCE ARCHITECT AT SNOWFLAKE INCLUDE:
- Design, build, and own the unified data model across the product, Salesforce, and Workday.
- Create a robust data model, that is self healing for schema changes.
- Design and implement a data quality monitoring system. The system should include source-to-target data validations as well as anomaly detection.
- Sleuth through large amounts of data to uncover feature-usage patterns, subtle issues with the system, potential performance enhancements, and areas to improve user experience.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Management, Finance, and Compliance to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities to create more value for our customers.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Compliance team to meet the data governance requirements.
- Build dashboards to help Engineering and Product Managers monitor performance and availability of our system.
- Answer questions from the executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years experience including:
- BS in engineering (CS preferred), MS/PhD a plus.
- Expert level Python/SQL
- Ability to clearly present learnings to business leaders and technical stakeholders.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?