Senior Data Science Engineer
Full Time Senior level / Expert
Senior Data Scientist
Data Posted: December 2020
Job Title: Senior Data Science Engineer
Location: Remote - Company Headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia
Position Type: Full-Time W2 Employment
Salary Range: Market competitive. Salary range dependent on skills and experience. Total compensation includes a competitive salary, cash and strategic incentives, professional development and comprehensive benefits.
Experience: Looking for mid-senior data scientist with minimum 8+ years of experience
Clearance: Must be U.S. Citizen and be willing to and have the ability to obtain a government security clearance up to Top Secret/SCI.
This position is open and funded with an immediate start following reasonable notice.
ATA, LLC is seeking a talented Senior Data Science Engineer who handles the following responsibilities outlined below:
Role Overview: As a Senior Data Science Engineer and Technical Lead, you are responsible for guiding the development of an exciting new application used by data scientists within a data-centric organization leveraging an event-driven architecture. You will lead a team of engineers and developers on the application’s technical implementation, ushering the project from development to production use. Using your experience in data science, you will also provide a strong, innovative product vision and communicate the application’s organizational value proposition to customers, stakeholders, and leadership.
You will play an instrumental role in the success of the project by maintaining technical milestone roadmaps, identifying and mitigating risks and blockers, and coordinating the effort with other interfacing development teams. As a Senior Data Scientist, you advocate for the practice of data science, and advise leadership on data science best practices, common design patterns or workflows, and organizational data strategies.
- Application Development
- Data Optimization for Analytics
- Data Science Workflows
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning and Modeling
- CICD Practices
- Develop the technical vision and roadmap for the application
- Make major technical design and implementation decisions in consultation with your team and engineering leadership
- Facilitate periodic sprint planning meetings with the development team
- Guide the development team through technical challenges
- Serve as the technical representative of the application, fielding questions and seeking answers from stakeholders, leadership, and other technical personnel
- Advise leadership on data science best practices and building data-driven organizations
Minimum Required Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience developing in languages commonly used for data analysis such as Python, R, Julia, or SAS
- Experience working with multiple database types such as SQL, Redis and MongoDB
- Experience building and integrating the at the application and database level
- Experience developing REST/SOAP APIs and messaging protocols and formats
- At least 2 years of theoretical and practical background in statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, and/or optimization
- Experience implementing event/data streaming services such as Kafka
- Experience prototyping front-end visualizations utilizing data visualization suites such as Kibana or Splunk
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with the ability to present technical data and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences
General personal traits we know will connect well with the team:
- - An ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly;
- - Can learn technology on the fly;
- - Enjoys working in an agile team environment;
- - Technology and methodology agnostic, but knows when to apply the right tool to the requirement;
- - Self-starter.
About ATA: ATA, LLC (Advanced Technology Applications) is “The Full Stack Data Science Company” focused on providing scalable, sustainable capabilities to improve organizational performance, optimize investments, reduce risk and gain competitive advantage (i.e. using data as a strategic asset). ATA integrates across all aspects of data science: from strategy, data management, collection, ingestion and data architecture, to analytics, visualization and access. We deliver strategy driven data science maturity, creating flexible and cost-effective enterprise services (i.e. Data-as-a-Service and Analytics-as-a-Service) and continuous capability development and delivery (DevOps, AI/ML, algorithms, analytics, etc.). ATA's core team of highly educated and experienced scientists and technologists, full stack engineers, business analysts and subject matter experts provides a powerful end-to-end capability following the entire data life-cycle. ATA is presently engaged with a diverse group of customers.