Data Scientist, Product Growth
Posted 1 month ago
We are currently looking for a new Data Scientist, Product Growth, to join our Data Insights team in our Vancouver or Calgary location.
Our Product Growth team is a cross-functional team dedicated to optimizing key product funnel metrics such as acquisition, activation, monetization, and virality. You will be working as an embedded data scientist on the Product Growth team, collaborating to guide rapid iterations of hypothesis, prioritization, experimentation, analysis and roll-out (supported by our Director of Data Insights and team of data scientists). You will help build a scientific culture in our Product team, help our business grow, and help our customers succeed.
Who You Are:
We aren’t looking for just any traditional Data Scientist to join this team. We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator and a thought leader! We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about driving growth empirically;
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Collaborate with the Growth and Insights teams to identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and run experiments that drive growth;
- Identify new questions about our business, product, and customers that lead to impactful growth insights;
- Build predictive models to forecast the impact of specific growth initiatives;
- Establish requirements and best practices for event tracking, testing frameworks, and other data collection to enable new product insights in a scalable and predictable way;
- Innovate new techniques in statistical analysis, machine learning, and data mining to unlock opportunities in our products;
- Build a scientific culture in the Product team by enabling discussions with data, disseminating best practices, and leading by example.
You should have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant quantitative discipline (computing science, statistics, mathematics, etc.)
- 3-5 years applied experience in data science;
- Experience in product analytics working with product and user behaviour data;
- Proficiency in database modeling, SQL, and data warehousing principles;
- Proficiency in developing analysis in Python, R, or a similar language;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Serious bonus points if you:
- Have a deep understanding of SaaS business metrics and growth drivers;
- Have experience with large data sets;
- Have experience rapidly iterating on experiments such as A/B tests.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers