Data Analyst, Analytics (Contractor)
Austin, TX, United States, Bothell, Washington, United States, Redwood City, CA, United States, Remote, San Diego, CA, United States
Posted 1 month ago
About the teamThe Evernote Analytics team is responsible for providing data insights that inform and influence our product and business decisions. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about using data to solve interesting or challenging problems, to shape the future of what we build at Evernote. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with complex data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You are intellectually curious, focused on results, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, development, and success of product or marketing initiatives.
What you will do
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers, understand how our users interact and engage with Evernote, and draw actionable insights
- Partner closely with product, engineering and marketing teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Lead the definition of product and business success metrics, collaborate with working teams to ensure correct data tracking instrumentation for measurement
- Build Tableau reporting dashboards and visualizations to enable the tracking of product marketing KPI
- Support product and marketing teams with process improvements for optimized delivery of diverse data requests
- Triage data issues by working with cross-functional teams such as data engineering, marketing operations, customer support teams.
What you've done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Finance, or other quantitative field
- 1+ years of analytics related working experience preferred
- Experience in querying and manipulating large data sets using SQL
- Experience with designing and deploying compelling dashboards using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable insights for a non-technical audience
Who you are
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Driven self-starter with good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies, tools and approaches to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.