Operations Data Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States, Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
About the Role:
The Operations Data Analyst is responsible for identifying data quality issues, interpreting data and turning it into information, offering ways to improve the business and affect business decisions. The Operations Data Analyst gathers data from various sources and develops tools to visualize patterns and trends, collaborates with system administrators, business analysts, data owners and stewards, and other data analysts to build reports and dashboards to drive data-informed decision making in the organization.
- Develop and administer reports, dashboards, and analytics to track key performance indicators, drive operational efficiencies, and support data-based decision making
- Collect and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Create strategic and ad hoc business reports, dashboards and visualizations
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality. Ensure data generated is accurate thus maintaining a high level of data integrity
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Use data to understand operational deficiencies and recommend new processes and procedures to increase ability to scale
- Provide recommendations and guidance to leadership on short-term and long-term strategy and objectives using analytical and quantitative skills
- Ensure all processes are well documented, organized and regularly maintained in the internal knowledge base. Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven experience in improving customer operations processes utilizing previous experience as an Operations Data Analyst
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in an emerging and rapidly changing environment
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, analysis, and project management skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL databases and data warehouses
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce Dashboards, BI and Visualization tools (i.e. Tableau). Clari experience a plus.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation and facilitation) skills with the ability to interact with all levels
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organization skills and ability to maintain and keep track of multiple information sources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), G Suite (Gmail, Slides, Docs, Sheets), with the technical aptitude to learn additional software
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, data science, information technology, or other relevant degree.
- 3+ years’ experience analyzing/working with large sets of data to drive critical business decisions
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.