Sr. Data Engineer
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Data Engineer you will play an active part in the scientific components and services for new feature developments of the KeepTruckin platform. You will implement scalable architecture and work on an enthusiastic team contributing to robust projects such as Telematics, Geolocation, and video streaming to name a few. We are looking for engineers who are driven by impacting and revolutionizing a space where the last major technical innovation was the invention of the diesel engine. We are seeking strong team players who thrive on innovation and continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our culture, and ability to work effectively across a highly diversified team.
What You'll Do:
- Ramp up on KT data lake and PySpark jobs working closely with Data Scientists.
- Build data pipelines for new product features.
- Build data ingestion from data lake to scalable data stores for serving production traffic.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Actively work on our AWS cloud infrastructure
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Statistics
- 3+ years experience in Data Engineering, including an ETL with Hadoop and PySpark
- Solid communication, collaboration, and people skills
- Expertise in SQL and Python
- Experience working with databases
- Must have experience with building data infrastructure and ETL on AWS.
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.