Cloud Data Engineering Intern
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re looking for a strong Intern to build state of the art Data pipelines for snowflake . In this role, you will work closely with many cross-functional teams to build a data pipeline and dashboards in our internal Snowflake environment . This is a strategic, high-impact role that will also help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
- Build & maintain data pipelines using Apache Airflow or custom scripts.
- Manage and improve the data integrity and reliability of data services.
- Build reliable ingestion frameworks to onboard new data into our snowflake data warehouse.
- Foster collaboration among engineering, security compliance, IT & other business groups to ensure data is secure and audit-able.
- Train distributed team members in data pipelines.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED :
- Excellent understanding of Database modeling and SQL knowledge
- 1 year experience in working on public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience is consuming REST APIs using python
- Experience writing jobs in Airflow using python.
- Experience in ELT based data pipeline build outs is useful..
- Strong communication and cross functional collaboration skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 + years experience in writing solutions using Python & SQL
- Experience in ETL tools is nice to have.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?