As a Data Engineer at Tanium, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Business Systems. You’ll be responsible & accountable for all aspects of Tanium’s data warehouse and associated data pipelines. Along these lines, you will be directly involved in data governance and business enablement as well as strategic planning for data architecture and underlying tooling strategies. This also includes the development and upkeep of engagement strategies and technical resources necessary to support decentralized BI functions operating across Tanium.
What you’ll do:
- Own and be accountable for the health, architecture, and usage of Tanium’s production Snowflake instance
- Maintain, configure, scale, and optimize optimal data pipelines and related infrastructure, ensuring reliable & optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Work with leadership to develop, enhance and support a self-service model for decentralized analytics teams
- Work with business stakeholders to assemble and maintain complex sets of data which meet business requirements
- Advise and consult with business stakeholders and system owners with respect to data strategy and architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, and improving governance and data quality
- Work with key stakeholders to polish and enhance the collection and calculation of key business performance metrics, in addition to addressing data-related technical issues
- Embrace Kanban as the primary methodology for project and workload management
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, and efficiency within the Business Systems organization and with all stakeholders
- Work closely with the CISO, CIO, and Senior Director of Business Systems to ensure ongoing compliance and security requirements are implemented consistently and effectively
- Manage and maintain relationships with key vendors & suppliers
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products & services
- Align and execute compliance mandates as necessary, including GDPR, CMMC and execution of ISO27001 policies and procedures
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering role with exposure to data architecture and pipeline management and/or integration responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of relational NoSQL and SQL databases, workflow management and pipeline tools
- Hands-on experience with Fivetran, DBT, and Airflow is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake is required
- Hands-on experience with PowerBI is a plus
- Google CPDE or IBM CDE certifications are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated history of engaging and working with business stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage uncertainty and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.