Cloud Data Engineer - Azure
Remote - United Kingdom
Hentsū is a cloud leading company that redefines the way that hedge fund technology is delivered. We are an asset management technologist, and we provide a fully managed cloud platform for hedge funds, with on-demand trading, research and corporate technology, as well as connectivity to market data providers, brokers, and exchanges. Vision for Hentsū is to drive agile transformation across financial services through public cloud technologies, SaaS and data science.
As a Data Engineer you should have experience working on the Azure cloud Platform, utilising your skill set to develop complex data pipelines (ETLs) to move information from on-site data sources to the cloud. In this aim you should be able to work with Clients to provide technical expertise to support their move to the cloud while remaining hands on in its development. You will be part of a dynamic and motivated team of cloud engineers, that design and manage operation, performance, and availability of Hentsu internal systems and client environments.
- Experience working developing ETL links to Azure.
- Knowledge of Data Pipelines & data factories.
- Experience with Python, developing web apps, batch scripting, and ETL processes, as well as developing infrastructure architecture.
- Have Azure certifications and the ability to provide subject matter expertise across Azure services.
- Experience working on the early phases of rolling out a cloud platform.
- Docker / Containerization Experience i.e., Kubernetes
- Have 3+ years of managing and deploying data cloud solutions in Azure.
- Be able to communicate with business stakeholders and translate requirements into technical architectures.
- Have good documentation skills and discipline to ensure solutions are fully documented and can be used by other members of the team.
- Experience of the financial services, hedge fund market.
- Keep abreast of emerging cloud technologies and help evaluate cloud native and other vendor offerings to determine best fit for business needs
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
Soft Skills and Work Pattern:
- Accountability: ownership of individual responsibilities and wok product.
- Communication: the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts in a non-technical way.
- Creativity: the ability to be resourceful, experiment and deploy different approaches.
- Financial Analysis: possess a strong understanding of cloud costs and ability to help navigate and deploy cost-efficient solutions.
- Intellectual curiosity: passion for learning and investigating a broad range of subject matter; satisfaction derived from the consumption and understanding of information and increasing knowledge base.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships internally and externally and to be versatile in engaging with different constituents.
Having a pleasant work environment helps you function at your best - our office is located in London Moorgate, in the heart of the City.
From an in-office beer and wine fridge, to staff socials and training opportunities, and private health insurance, working at Hentsu comes with a whole host of benefits in addition to our competitive pay.
We believe in lifelong learning - at Hentsu we offer on the job and soft skills training, and extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
We support our employees as they gain skills in they will need to succeed and excel professionally.