Data Scientist (Zurich, Switzerland)
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Posted 1 month ago
Who we Are?
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in the world to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 45 projects.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Lausanne. You will partner closely with our engineers and other data scientists to deliver data-driven applications and solutions. We are looking for a self-driven individual, who is eager to use data science and computational techniques to address real-world challenges. You can justify the following skills:
- MSc or PhD level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques and applying those to real-world business problems.
- Programming experience in one of the following languages: Python, R, Scala, Java.
- Pragmatic attitude; not afraid in taking an active part in the engineering aspects of projects.
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You are Swiss, hold an unrestricted Swiss work permit or are EU/EFTA national
What You’ll Do
Unit8 is growing at a fast pace and your role can evolve and will depend from our clients’ challenges. In general, you will:
- Apply your data science skills (machine learning, data analytics, optimization) to various concrete business problems.
- Work with our customers to understand their challenges, design and implement solutions.
- Evaluate, compare and present results to technical and non-technical audience.
- Contribute to the implementation and engineering of systems at different scales: from small proof-of-concepts to larger end-to-end data systems.
- Closely collaborate with other data scientists, software engineers and business stakeholders.
- Use software best practices in continuous integration and delivery, versioning and data evolution.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on the business
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- Learning activities such ML and Engineering Reading Groups
- Knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company and company shares
- 10% of the time for self-development
- 20 days paternity leave
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events (off-site or on-line)