Data Engineer - IT Ops
Posted 3 months ago
The mission of the IT Operations team at Wildlife is to have world-class productivity and efficiency across the company by finding and further investigating efficiency opportunities related to better usage and/or provisioning of technology resources; building and maintaining our visualization layer for costs, usage, and performance reporting.
To build the required resources to enable better governance within Wildlife’s IT Operations: We need to have the correct data, and be able to consistently query it. Our users need to be able to consume this data with an amazing experience.
The team is brand new, and the tools, platforms and process we are starting to build are new to Wildlife. FinOps/Cloud Economics practice is each day more relevant for big Cloud Computing adopters, as WL.
We spend several million dollars each month in cloud resources, and making sure we are efficient and optimal in our usage and provisioning strategy is key for sustainable success. The team has strong potential to be game changing, and grow in a consistent way in the following months.
You will work in Cloud Economics projects on a big scale. The goal of your role will be to find opportunities and increase our efficiency in how we provision and use technology within Wildlife (we use a lot!).
What you’ll do
- Build the required date lakes in order to be able to consolidate and query information about multiple data sources
- Build visualization layers to a) get insights about our IT operation, and b) expose that information to a company-wide audience
- Build an internal billing engine for allocating our technology resources costs, or generating optimizations opportunities (rightsizing, RI forecasting, etc.)
- Master CSP billing sources
- Enhance our data discovery capabilities and our cost allocations dashboards
- Build anomaly detection capabilities and a reliable alerting system for detected anomalies
- Develop an internal cost allocation data lake for our most significative technology providers
- Build a rightsizing opportunity generator
- In-source reserved instances process (currently delegated to under a 3rd party)
What you’ll need
- +3 years of relevant experience with data quality
- Knowledge and experience with time series analysis and anomaly detection
- Data Discovery Tooling experience (Looker, Tableau, etc.) and SQL knowledge
- Python knowledge big plus
More about you
- Analytical profile
- Good communication skills as you will need to interact with many stakeholders within the organization
- Highly proactive
- Team Player
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.