Posted 3 months ago
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a global, venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators working to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. Join us on our mission.
We are looking for a full-time data engineer who will work to integrate our data from internal systems for business operations. This will include financial, customer, sales, marketing, and product data. You will need to be able to architect an ETL/ELT framework, and use Apache Airflow to orchestrate the data pipelines.
- Work with stakeholders across functions and partner with a business analyst to understand business requirements
- Architect an ETL/ELT framework for internal business operations
- Use Airflow to orchestrate data pipelines
- Assist in analysis of operational data
- Assist in creating visualizations for operational data
- As an internal user of Airflow, provide feedback to the product and engineering teams
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Python fluency
- 3+ years of ETL/ELT experience
Our ideal candidate has:
- Airflow experience
- Data analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or a related field OR equivalent experience
- Applicable professional certification/qualifications
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.