Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Algorithms
Redwood City, CA
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer who can ramp up quickly and work on a lot of fun and ambitious projects related to Document Understanding, Question Answering, Search, and Recommendations.
You will be part of the Machine Learning (ML) Product Engineering group and will collaborate multi-functionally to build and ship ML products that are used by millions of Students and Educators. Products powered by ML are critical to Course Hero’s success, powering many aspects of our marketplace and supporting student-facing use-cases. The key charter for the ML Products team is to build the Semantic Knowledge Graph in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content.
As a Senior ML Engineer, we expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to constantly evolving business needs. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Be a self motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable end-to-end ML systems and embrace full stack data science.
- You will build machine learning and natural language processing algorithms to understand our large document (>40M) and Q&A (>150M) corpus, enrich it with semantic tags, and represent it as a large knowledge graph.
- You will develop algorithms for predicting demand and personalizing search results and recommendations across multiple content types.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product owners and UX designers to ideate, execute, and deliver compelling and personalized intelligent study experiences.
Are you our next Senior Machine Learning Engineer?
- 5+ years of industry experience in building Machine Learning algorithms and systems, with a focus on natural language processing or computational linguistics.
- 2+ years of experience using ML frameworks Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, or Tensorflow.
- 3+ years of proven programming experience in Python, or Go.
- Bachelors in machine learning, computer science, or computational linguistics.
- Experience in working with Lambda Architecture, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
- Passionate about natural language processing and deep learning, and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.