Scientist Intern - Machine Learning / Computer Vision - Summer 2021
At Charles River Analytics, our interns work on real projects and cutting-edge technology. We believe strongly in promoting within, which is demonstrated by the fact that we not only have hired former interns but that several of our Senior Scientists and one of our division Vice Presidents began their careers at Charles River as interns!
This summer, we are looking for enthusiastic Scientist Interns for our Sensing, Perception, and Applied Robotics division. We are seeking students with an interest in innovative technology with an interest in deep learning and computer vision.
You will be working in a small agile group, to develop and apply concepts crossing multiple fields including computer vision, machine learning, signal processing, and state estimation. You will work with tightly-knit, scientists, and engineers to create prototypes of new research concepts that can be further developed into usable products.
- In pursuit of a B.S./B.A. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Expertise in machine learning methods and tools, including deep learning and associated frameworks such as PyTorch/Caffe/TensorFlow
- U.S. citizenship and an interest in working in defense
- Interests in image and/or signal processing methods
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Research background
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Autonomous systems (e.g. UUVs, UASs, UGSs)
Charles River Analytics offers an attractive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Casual work environment
- Free snacks and beverages
- Eligible for medical plan enrollment or opt-out incentive
- Paid sick/excused time
- Free onsite parking and easily accessible by the MBTA
Interns at Charles River Analytics can participate in activities such as:
- Intern challenge problems
- Company-wide outings