Senior Data Scientist, Experimentation
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work on our experimentation platform, which has been used by our Product and Engineering teams to run thousands of experiments in order to ensure that we fully understand our users and create the best possible experiences, as well as to rollout thousands of features in a safe, appropriate way. In 2020, we have begun to grow the experiments team and are quickly turning the platform into a world-class framework, capable of even greater scale and effectiveness.
As the Data Scientist leading Experimentation at Reddit, you’ll be pivotal in driving company-wide innovation and rigor, shaping our metrics strategy, and building a strong experimentation culture. The opportunity for impact will be great as you enhance the success and understanding of our products across our diverse and growing user base.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. As the 6th largest site on the internet Reddit has a dramatic scale but at 700 employees you won’t be stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You will create organization-wide capabilities to run more advanced experiments and create publishable quality research, leverage complex testing and optimization algorithms to grow revenue, and produce more robust results faster to help teams increase their velocity and effectiveness.
What You’ll Learn:
You will partner closely with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In particular, you’ll be exposed to and drive adoption of a variety of new techniques in modeling, experimentation, statistical frameworks, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and implement the roadmap for the stats engine of Reddit’s experiment platform
- Set the standard for experiment design for both consumer and advertising teams
- Build new entirely new experimental capabilities, such as network or ego-based experimentation
- Perform meta-analysis on experiments to understand macro trends in our product ecosystem
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative or data science roles, preferably for a consumer-facing service/app
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems