Data Scientist, Marketing
We're looking for a Marketing Data Scientist excited to help us build the bank of the future. You'll own data across all our marketing channels including paid, in-app, digital and offline. You'll have the opportunity to help supercharge our user growth, drive our product adoption and be the voice of data for our marketing department.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over four and half million customers in the UK, with over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Product Analytics team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where you'll be a member our central data discipline and fully embedded within our marketing department.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, performance marketing, and data presentation to find ways we can spend our marketing budget more effectively
- Cover a large scope, including digital marketing, CRM and TV campaigns
- Own our marketing reporting company-wide
- Set up and conduct large-scale online experiments to test hypotheses and optimise our marketing spend at scale
- Work with the finance team to develop a company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our users
- Work with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into a business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have multiple years of experience **working in performance marketing and CRM, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments
- You have a solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
Nice to haves:
- Experience with econometrics and attribution modelling
- Experience analysing Facebook and Snapchat campaigns
- Experience analysing TV campaigns
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
We offer share options and competitive salaries based on skills and experience.
Our interview process is normally a screening call, video interview, a take home task and 2-3 hours of (virtual) onsite interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)