Head of Data Analytics
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We’d love to hear from you if you are looking for:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Exponential growth (5 straight quarters of 50-100%+ quarter over quarter growth)
- Flat structure and access to senior leadership for continuous mentorship
- Meritocracy - we promote based on performance, not tenure
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience at Amazon, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Alibaba, etc.
Jerry.ai is an AI-powered financial platform for your car and home. Our mission is to make all aspects of car & home ownership hassle-free and effortless. We are starting with car insurance. Enabled by disruptive technologies, jerry.ai has built a one-click experience for saving money on car insurance. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 15 months (doubling revenue every quarter) and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store).
Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair company). We are based in Silicon Valley and have offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Buffalo. We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors.
Most of our technical team members are based in: the San Francisco bay area and Toronto with a few members in China. You will be working with a strong technical team with prior work experience at Amazon, NVIDIA, etc.
- Lead and mentor a team of data engineers and data analysts
- Extract business insights from data-driven findings and make recommendations on product, growth and business strategy
- Work closely with data and engineering teams to continuously optimize tools, systems and reporting
- Partner with senior leaders to define business outcomes and analytical strategies
- Improve current data team performance metrics and continue to attract and retain top talent
- Minimum 8 years of experience in quantitative analysis within a mobile/web app environment, with at least 5 years of leadership experience managing a team
- Experience understanding problems and constraints, translating into analysis approach and insights, and then following through on recommendations/outcomes
- Experience working with, and intimate knowledge of, business intelligence, analytics and reporting tools
- Proven track record of leading and scaling successful teams
- Expert-level knowledge in quantitative techniques like regression and clustering